Sunday Worship Schedule
- Worship: 11am
- Holy Communion on 1st Sunday of the month
- Informal, traditional service
- Livestream gathering starts at 10:45am
- Service Recording is available
Special Worship Services
- Christmas music services often include a Cantata and caroling. Christmas candlelight is always a highlight of the season
- Easter has a Good Friday Tenebrae service and we have participated in Maundy Thursday and Easter Sunrise with our sister churches
- Homecoming is the 4th Sunday in August with a special worship service followed by lunch on the grounds.
- With our sister churches, we have had hymn sings, seasonal services, and pulpit swaps
Life in Community – Educational and Fellowship Opportunities
- Community Women’s Bible Study: Short-term studies held in the Fall and Spring.
- Choir: The Alexander Chapel and Friends Choir invites church attenders who are in High School and above to join in music ministry. We sing in special services and for special community events.
- Children Ministries: We offer children’s classes for all ages every Sunday and during the year special programs and activities. Children of all ages are always welcome at Alexander Chapel.
- Ladies Loving the Lord is our Women’s group. In partnership with Clark’s Chapel UMC, we have a monthly fellowship at a local restaurant. We support the Medical Lending Closet, special projects, and a connectional ministry to those who are house bound.
- Men’s Fellowship: The ACUMEN meet throughout the year for special times of fellowship and service
- Church Prayer Chain: We operate a daily email prayer chain.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Church members create knitted, crocheted, and sewn items to send out to those in need of special comfort and prayer.
- Expressions of Love: Handmade items such as crochet pockets, prayer pillows, kneeling pillows, dolls, busy blankets to provide a symbol of God’s presence in times of need
Outreach & Missions
- ABBCM North Samaritan Ministry and Transformation Village: Our church provides an ongoing food collection and financial support to help meet needs in our community.
- We support our Veterans at the local VA facility, the NC Veterans Home in Black Mountain, and the ABCCM Veterans Quarters.
- The Medical Lending Closet supplies needed medical equipment without cost to our community.
- Nurture Team: In times of need our church offers food, transport and help to church members who are in need during difficult times.